Landscape Design Process
Set up appointment
- Set time to meet your designer at home
Meet Landscape Designer
- Discuss project goals
- Discuss your style
- Identify materials that you like
- Have designer become familiar with your site
- Discuss budget for project
- Explore various ideas for your project
Decide on Landscape Design
- Discuss design fees for drawing landscape plans
- Make decision on continuing design process
Landscape Designer collects site information
- Measurements of existing site features
- Locate property lines- home owner to supply plat of property
- Inventory of existing plant material
- Slope of site/drainage patterns
- Sun/ shade conditions
- Surrounding site conditions
- Identify any potential problems
- Access to site
Develop plan for Landscape Design
- Designers will combine your needs and wants with site conditions to develop a plan
Meet with Landscape Designer to review preliminary plans
- Review plan with designer
- Ask Designer any questions that you may have
- Discuss materials and options for project
- Discuss any changes that may be needed on the plans
- Review estimate for project
Finalized plans and estimate
- Designer makes any changes to the plan and creates a final design and estimate/contract for the project.
- Sign contract
- Pay deposit on project
- Get projected schedule date and approximate completion time for project
- Promise Landscape will call your local utility companies to assure that all utilities are located and marked.
- Homeowner is responsible for marking private lines, i.e.: underground dog fence, Irrigation, any underground utilities not owned by a utility company.
- Generally the crew will arrive at your home between 8:00- 10:00 in the morning(traffic and distance affect this) talk to your designer to get a more exact time if needed.
- It is helpful to have cars moved out of the driveway when the crew arrives.
- If you are home, the foreman will discuss any questions that may arise.
- The designer will meet with the crew on site to review the project.
- Crew will arrive daily until the project is complete- unless discussed otherwise with client.
- Designer will periodically check in with Crew and Client to assure that the project in running smoothly.
- Crew will remove any project debris from site.
- Crew will sweep site clean.
- Designer will meet with client for final walk-through
- Review final project
- Discuss care and maintenance of project
- Answer any questions
- Collect final project payment
Would you like to learn more about the our landscape design process? Are you interested in seeing the remarkable difference Promise Landscape can make for your property? Schedule a consultation by contacting us via our web form or call us directly at 540-454-7826.
Warrenton, Middleburg, Gainesville, Manassas and Centreville